FOR LEWIS AND JEFFERSON COUNTIES
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SATURDAY TO 1 AM EST
* WHAT...Heavy snow and blowing snow expected. Total snow
accumulations of 7 to 10 inches at lower elevations, and 12 to
18 inches on the Tug Hill Plateau. Winds gusting as high as 45
mph producing blowing and drifting snow.
* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region. The greatest
accumulations will focus on the Tug Hill Plateau.
* WHEN...From 1 PM Saturday to 1 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult with poor visibility and
deep snow cover on roads. Gusty winds could bring down tree
branches and result in isolated power outages.
Widespread accumulating snow will create dangerous travel
FOR NORTHERN ONEIDA COUNTY
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 1 AM EST
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SATURDAY TO 7 PM EST
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 12
inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph across higher elevations.
* WHERE...Herkimer and Hamilton Counties, northern Fulton County
of eastern New York, and Bennington and western Windham Counties
in southern Vermont.
* WHEN...From 1 PM Saturday to 7 PM EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour
possible Saturday afternoon and evening. Areas of blowing and
drifting snow is possible.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.