• shop local

  • 4 local news 1

  • 1a close delay

  • 3 listen live

Firefighters responded to a report of a house fire early Tuesday morning.  The Lewis County Fire Coordinator's Office reports that dispatchers received a call at around 3:55 a.m. of a fire at the Merle & Phyllis Tiffany residence on the Snell Road in the Town of Watson.  Lowville Firefighters responded along with mutual aid from New Bremen.  Fire Chief on Scene Tim Bush reports that the fire was caused by a cigarette & was confined to & around a cigarette butt can.  No damage was reported to the structure & very minimal damage to the contents.  No injuries were reported.

Pin It

All news stories that air on The Moose/The Blizzard come from 1st-hand reporting, press releases, & other media outlets only. All press releases that come from law enforcement agencies & fire departments are aired with no exceptions. All names & ages of subjects in police reports are aired if they are released from the police agency. If is at all possible, the names of victims are not aired. The Moose/The Blizzard reserves the right not to air suicide or mental health stories, depending on the circumstances. Should you believe there is an error in the report, contact the police agency involved & if there is indeed an error, a correction will be aired. All statements made during interview segments are the beliefs & opinions of the interview subject & do not reflect the opinions of the radio stations.